10.24.2010

Home furnishings.

In the time since the last post, it's subject matter has wrapped up another excellent season, mother nature did the same thing (allowing for fall clothing to finally come back out), and I'm currently on a job hunt. This has led to a tightening of the purse strings, and I've been good with self control, not even looking at most of my usual online haunts. Helping my family build a deck over the summer, I've been on a DIY kick lately, in an effort to both save money, and have some unique things instead of the default cheap and cheerless Ikea furnishings (though the planned PC setup I have makes most sense with their products). I stumbled upon this awesome shoe storage idea a year or so ago, and I've been slowly trying to hunt down the necessary things to build my own version.



I'd actually rather keep the white bristles instead of moving to black; sure, they'll show more dirt, but turning them black would destroy the visibility of what's stored, which is arguably the whole point. Magazin's website has long gotten rid of the product info, but I'm assuming it can't double as a bench. I'd like to fix that in my own version; maybe add a small solid piece on one side (or both) to make the whole thing more useful. Thoughts?

No comments: